"I TRAINED 19 APPRENTICE, SPONSORED 3 PERSONS, STILL ASPIRES FOR A SHOE FACTORY" - WUJE JACOB

In the busy streets of Jenta Adamu, the rhythmic tap-tap of a hammer on leather echoes a new revolution. 

‎Meet Mr. Wuje Jacob, a cobbler who is making a difference and impacting the Jenta Adamu Community. 

Mr.‎ Jacob’s journey as a cobbler illustrates how grit and resourcefulness can turn humble beginnings into sustainable livelihoods, inspiring local youth to see craftsmanship as a viable path to prosperity.

Wuje Jacob 

‎In an exclusive interview with JENTA FOCUS, he shared his story of Resilience and Determination; 

‎"Shoe-making was always what I wanted for myself. I would say it was a gift to me. 

‎I have always seen people making shoes, but haven't yet undergone any formal training yet.

‎I recall when my elder sister asked me to make for her shoes, my friends saw it, they liked it and asked that I made some for them. These sparked my passion into shoe-making",  He said.

‎CRADDLE DAY'S OF WUJE JACOB

‎Mr. Jacob disclosed that he started shoe-making at a tender age, courtesy of his parents who were much supportive of his passion.

‎"I was enrolled in a shoe-making shop, which was among the pioneering shoe-making shops in Jenta Adamu. 

‎And my mum paid for my training", He said.

‎He further revealed that having learn't the job, he encountered numerous challenges, starting up his venture, but his Passion and Determination kept him going. 

‎"I encountered many challenges, especially in purchasing a sewing machine and other essential tools I needed. Although my parents didn't have enough money to get the tools I needed, I sought an alternative. I borrowed just the head of a sewing machine, without the body, with a promise to return it within a set timeframe. I recall balancing the machine head on my lap and spinning it manually. Despite these hurdles, my determination kept me going."

Early Days of Wuje Jacob (middle) together with Colleagues 

‎Mr. Jacob unveiled his efforts in his academic journey from SS2 to higher education, where he paid his school fees until graduation.

‎"I started Paying my school fees when I was in my SS2 till I graduated from the NCE in Pankshin, where i studied Social Studies and Music.

‎The work has been a help to me and I so much love the work.

‎In the shoe industry, my role models were my boss (Moclean), Daddy set in Jenta Makeri, Shokzy and Ocoach my friend.

‎He also mentioned that one of the most difficult decisions he made was selling his television in his final year of college to push his dreams forward. He said, "I had to sell my TV, not because my family couldn't support me, but because I wanted to prove to myself the value of hard work and pursue my dreams. By God's grace, I succeeded."

‎COMMUNITY IMPACT

‎Mr. Jacob highlighted his personal contribution to Jenta Community’s development:

‎ “I have successfully trained 19 apprentices from Jenta Adamu. Eleven of them are now established and doing well. And currently have Eight (8) apprentice still learning. By God’s grace, I have sponsored three people through school – two were my apprentices, and the third is the daughter of one of my apprentices. 

‎Every November 21st, which is my birthday, I organize a medical outreach. During the dry season, I purchase a tank of water to help the community, and I also visit the orphanage during the Christmas season. 

‎All of this stems from my desire to see Jenta Adamu thrive.” He revealed.

‎He progressed further to advise the youths in the community to remain focused and committed in all they find themselves doing.

‎"My advise to youths is to focus, and know what they want. Don't underestimate any work in this life, think of something you feel you can do better in it.

‎He also, signaled the trend of 'Yahoo, Yahoo' who most youths are vulnerable to it, in the quest to make quick money.

‎"Don't look at now, but the future. Although with trend in Yahoo Plus, I encourage youths to value what they have and get something doing to make life meaningful for themselves and the community at large." He implored.

‎As he wraps up, he highlights his desire in the future to own a shoe factory, with a show room of different kinds of Customized shoes and where he will employ many people to work for him, thereby creating jobs for youths. 

‎Mr. Jacob's story shines a light on the grit and determination of Jenta Adamu’s youth—young people who are turning challenges into opportunities  and proving that hard‑working, innovative spirits still thrive in our community.

PHOTO EXCERPTS 





Written by Pololis Danladi Dung



Post a Comment

0 Comments