By Pololis Danladi
In a bid to advance youth empowerment, serving corp members are organizing a free skill-up program at Jenta Adamu community.
The program, tagged "Jenta Community Youth Empowerment", aims to empower fifty youths across all units in the community. It is scheduled to commence from 2nd - 28th February at Ideal Private School, Jenta Adamu.
During the orientation of participants, held today at Jungle Ministry in Jenta Summit, the project lead of the programme, Corper Shalom Ishaku, emphasized that the program aims to equip youth with practical skills, digital training, and personal development sessions, boosting employability and entrepreneurship in Jenta Adamu community.
Corper Shalom revealed that her inspiration stems from community development to empower youths through hands-on skills acquisition and digital literacy.
"A friend of mine shared an idea with me to do a community development service as part of my Community Development Service (CDS). I came to the community, had one-on-one interaction with one or two persons. At the end of the day, I found out that there are a whole lot of persons (youths) that have certain skills but they have little knowledge on how to digitize their skills. And even if they have a skill, most of them don't have Digital Literacy Skills. So this inspired me not only to bring skills acquisition but digital literacy for youths in the community."
![]() |
| Fourth Person from left to right is Corper Shalom together with team corpers |
She outlined that the skills acquisition program will be in six categories, which are barbing, shoe-making, make-up, bag-making, bead-making, and catering.
She however noted that at the end of the training, participants will be mandated to pitch their business ideas and those who do well will be awarded start-up kits.
"Everybody will be given an opportunity to pitch his or her business ideas through what we would be teaching participants. And at the end, successful participants who pitched great business ideas will be given start-up kits to empower them."
PARTICIPANTS
Participants drawn across all the eight (8) units in Jenta Adamu Ward, is poised to create a broader impact, fostering unity and development across the entire community.
At the end of the orientation programme, participants shared their appreciation for the opportunity to learn and upgrade their skills and what they intend to do afterwhich the have acquired the skills.
Speaking with Miss Valentina Danladi Zhime, she said, "I applied for bag-making in this training. Although I'm into shoe-making, I intend to blend it with what I'm doing to boost productivity and serve my clients better. Also, when done with the training, I intend to empower others in the community. Most especially in my community, many youths want to learn a skill but don't have the much-needed resources, so I intend to train them."
Also, Miss Emmanuella Zenret, from Jenta Makeri, said, "I applied for make-up. Although I'm into make-up, I intend to upgrade myself, make money, and at the end train others in the community."
Miss. Esther Ranta from Jenta Mangoro said, "I'm here for the training to upgrade myself. Although I have a background in Fashion Design, I intend to blend it with what I applied for in this training, which is bag-making. At the end of it, I intend to train others."
Participants appreciated the Youth Empowerment initiative, which aims towards community development.
A few Youth Leaders from various units in Jenta Adamu Ward were present at the orientation programme. Those in attendance were Comr. Dung Jeftha Danladi (Youth Leader, Jenta Tudu), Comr. Nuhu Rivi David (Youth Leader, Jenta summit), Comr. Barry Paul Goni (Youth Leader, Jenta Mangoro), Comr. John Okpe (Youth Leader, West of Mines).
In turn, they expressed their appreciation to the organizers of the program and encouraged participants to take the training seriously for personal development and for the good of the community at large.
PICTORIAL EXCERPT


0 Comments